Rassie Erasmus proved during the World Cup how important a game plan is. He had a carefully planned strategy resulting in many discussions by supporters on the so-called useless kicking game by Faf de Klerk. During the last game against England, he had a different game plan that surprised everybody – the Springboks won because of his game plan and he is now hailed as a genius in the rugby community.
So, what is the benefit of having a game plan:
- It binds all team members to a common goal
- Everybody is aware of the path to reach the goal
- Everybody knows what their role is and what is expected of them
- You can calculate what your required resources are
- You can train role players for their expected duties
- You can measure your deliverables
The same can be said for a health and safety plan. In any business, it serves the same purpose as the game plan for the Springboks. If you don’t have a plan, your employees will not know what is expected of them and your efforts will most likely fail.
Safe Working Practice is an Occupational Health and Safety company that specialises in issues affecting the workplace.
Contact your nearest SWP branch for more information or contact our head office:
+27 860 111 540